Sweetland Open House
Sunday, November 22, 2015
3 to 6pm
Curtains are scheduled to go up on the South’s sweetest stage Spring 2016. But you can get a sneak peek of the beautiful new Sweetland Amphitheatre – from the historic Boyd Park Pavilion, to seating to stage and even the VIP spaces and green rooms.
From 3pm to 6pm, Sweetland volunteers and representatives will be stationed around the venue to show you around. They’re easy to spot – they will be wearing a red Sweetland vest. And while you’re there, don’t forget to sign up for our email newsletter for a chance to win season tickets.
Sweetland merchandise will be on sale in the pavilion area.
Fast Facts about Sweetland Amphitheatre at Boyd Park
- Sits on 11 acres just north of downtown, historic LaGrange, Georgia.
- Main entrance is on Smith Street where the original city park pavilion, now completely renovated and expanded, is located.
- Directly behind the pavilion, the ‘Great Lawn’ is an amazing 40,000 square feet of manicured lawn space.
- Amphitheatre will seat approximately 2,000 patrons.
- Seating options range from orchestra pit tables to general admission lawn seating.
- The Stage House is expansive, featuring a main stage, two green rooms, a production office and a future VIP suite area.
- First performance (to be announced early in 2016) is tentatively scheduled for April 2016.
- The name, Sweetland Amphitheatre, pays homage to the “Sweet Land of Liberty” parade that has been a fixture in LaGrange for three decades.